The shepherd team is collecting ideas for teaching series in our communities on Sunday. Anyone read any Biblically based, challenging books recently? Ideas for something we could study as a class?
I have always wanted to do a series on the questions that were asked to Jesus by others, looking at how he answer them. And a good book (as well as challenging - I'm still not sure if I agree with all his ideas or not) is "Velvet Elvis" by Rob Bell (of the Nooma Videos).
Another idea I thought of is an examination of the different interruptions that Jesus experienced and how he converted these interruptions into opportunities for ministry (e.g. the woman with the issue of blood that anonymously touched Jesus, the man lowered from the ceiling by his friends, etc.). What did he consider most important? What values does he convey in how he reacts/responds to interruptions?
3 comments:
I have always wanted to do a series on the questions that were asked to Jesus by others, looking at how he answer them. And a good book (as well as challenging - I'm still not sure if I agree with all his ideas or not) is "Velvet Elvis" by Rob Bell (of the Nooma Videos).
Oooo....interesting thought. Jesus never answered the people wanted or expected him to.
I can't think of anything to contribute at the moment, but I'll post if something comes to me.
Another idea I thought of is an examination of the different interruptions that Jesus experienced and how he converted these interruptions into opportunities for ministry (e.g. the woman with the issue of blood that anonymously touched Jesus, the man lowered from the ceiling by his friends, etc.). What did he consider most important? What values does he convey in how he reacts/responds to interruptions?
Post a Comment