when i was in the 7th grade I was real miffed because there was no easter basket waiting for me when i awoke as there had been every year before..........i went through the whole day believing I had been forgotten............finally towards the end of the day my mom asked why i was so grumpy and when i told her she informed me that easter wasn't until the next day........i had never realized it was always on sunday,lol so to this day I always recieve gifts and calls on the saturday before easter! So i guess it was worth it to be really put off for one day as now i get to celebrate for two days every year!
My most interesting Easter was the one I spent in Rome in 2002. I was on tour with my choir and we sang the entire Easter triduum at St. Peter's Basilica. 14 hours in three days we sat behind the high altar to sing. Then Sunday, we sang Easter Mass in St. Peter's Square for 200,000+ pilgrims. I got a sunburn.
I have always been lousy at finding things, so I was never a huge success at Easter Egg Hunts. In fact, my family would have to "hide" some specially for me in easy spots (like right in the middle of the living room floor), so I'd have a chance at finding any at all! Meanwhile, my younger brother scrambled in circles around me, filling his basket with one egg after another. It was quite an embarrassment to me, annually! Thankfully, I'm not often on the seeking end of Easter Egg Hunts anymore... there are some wonderful things about adulthood.
I can still remember walking into McDonalds with Jesus! We were doing a passion play at church, and Rich, who was playing Jesus, had his hair extensions in but was dressed in shorts and a tshirt. The looks we got were priceless.
Two stories to share: First there was the Sunday that my mom was convinced that Easter and Day Light Savings fell on the same day. Nothing quite like showing up to church on Easter Sunday and finding that nobody is there!
Second, there was the year that my uncle cooked us a rabbit for Easter dinner. Nobody could understand why I didn't feel like eating. "It tastes chicken - it's not that bad." It's was a bunny. It was Easter.
5 comments:
when i was in the 7th grade I was real miffed because there was no easter basket waiting for me when i awoke as there had been every year before..........i went through the whole day believing I had been forgotten............finally towards the end of the day my mom asked why i was so grumpy and when i told her she informed me that easter wasn't until the next day........i had never realized it was always on sunday,lol so to this day I always recieve gifts and calls on the saturday before easter! So i guess it was worth it to be really put off for one day as now i get to celebrate for two days every year!
Alyce, that's such a cute story!
My most interesting Easter was the one I spent in Rome in 2002. I was on tour with my choir and we sang the entire Easter triduum at St. Peter's Basilica. 14 hours in three days we sat behind the high altar to sing. Then Sunday, we sang Easter Mass in St. Peter's Square for 200,000+ pilgrims. I got a sunburn.
Buona Pasqua!
I have always been lousy at finding things, so I was never a huge success at Easter Egg Hunts. In fact, my family would have to "hide" some specially for me in easy spots (like right in the middle of the living room floor), so I'd have a chance at finding any at all!
Meanwhile, my younger brother scrambled in circles around me, filling his basket with one egg after another. It was quite an embarrassment to me, annually!
Thankfully, I'm not often on the seeking end of Easter Egg Hunts anymore... there are some wonderful things about adulthood.
I can still remember walking into McDonalds with Jesus! We were doing a passion play at church, and Rich, who was playing Jesus, had his hair extensions in but was dressed in shorts and a tshirt. The looks we got were priceless.
Two stories to share: First there was the Sunday that my mom was convinced that Easter and Day Light Savings fell on the same day. Nothing quite like showing up to church on Easter Sunday and finding that nobody is there!
Second, there was the year that my uncle cooked us a rabbit for Easter dinner. Nobody could understand why I didn't feel like eating. "It tastes chicken - it's not that bad." It's was a bunny. It was Easter.
Post a Comment